Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Orientation- At the Starting Line!

Well today I woke up earlier than I have in a long while...and I didn't even really feel any fatigue (until a few hours later, I was craving redbull or some caffine!) So I was dropped off at the UoW, went into Duckworth Center, I didn't bother with the "Continental Breakfast" since I ate half a bagel with cream cheese at home :P. I quickly saw some people from River East that I knew, Shawna and Shilanda. Then Michelle, Geoff and Kristen showed up and I spent most of the orientation with them.
I'm really pumped about getting involved with student groups, and get involved, I might even take a shot at the University radio station for a political news update or something :P Who knows? But first I'll focus on getting settled in and finding out as much information as I can about things.
Tomorrow I officially start classes, and I only  have two! YAY! Economics and Intro to Ancient Greeks, btw, the texts book that came along with those courses were NOT cheap! And I couldn't find any used books either! It's a conspiracy I tell you! A scam! And the Calculus textbook???? Twice as expensive as th the average textbook! Ridiculous, I know!
Well, my feet are covered with blisters from walking all around the University, first I went down 3 floors to get a student ID when my mom and I saw the line and realized it wasn't going to move very fast, and she had to be somewhere by 1:20, so we left and decided we would go back in line around 3, because we had a Ready-Set-Go session at 4. We come back, I get in line, 10-15 mins later I pass a sign that said:
"To recieve student ID you must have photo ID such as: A Passport, driver's licence, etc" I didn't have my wallet on me, and we were a few minutes late for the Read set go session (which is for student email registration, learning how to use online articles and peer evalued articles and blah) and we go to the Library, we don't see any large group (who know they would be in the second floor? There was no sign!!! plus it was full...) And we ended up in the Adult/Mature Students Tour session, thinking it was teh Ready-set go (we figured it out 5 mins into the tour...) and just stuck with that instead. I'll just have to figure out when they have more ready-set-go sessions, and register before it fills up again.
Then I had to carry my textbooks two blocks down in the drizzling rain, not fun. Not when you have 3 blisters already! Never, wear, sandals!!!
So I'm exausted, I feel like its 11 o'clock when its only 9:26. Dead tired, but ready and excited for tomorrow. I gots my bus tickets, bus schedule, class schedule. I wish I had a map of the Uni...I  used to have one. Might borrow it from my mom. Oh well, its just two classes, won't be too bad. :)


Nighty night!
~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment