Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Double Calculus, the Cause of my Quarter Pounder- Pitiful

Crikey, I've had a bloody hell of a day! Today was my first Tuesday, which meant I had Calculus, Business 1 and History & Art, but on top of that I have a Lab for Cal at 2:30-3:45. Lab, I now realize, is an excuse to have ANOTHER class. So by the time my mom picked me up at 4, I was so brain dead, stressed, tired and hungry (actually it was more nerves mixed with cravings, with a tad of hunger) that I expressed how badly I wanted greesy food; a cheeseburger and fries from McDonald's in particular. So my good mother, also tired from school and work, said we could take a treat for today and we went to McD's and each had a quarter pounder (which i haven't had before), medium fry and medium drink. We consumed about 550 calories. By the time we were done it was 5, so we figured, we won't be hungry for dinner :P. Which is a shame, because my dad is cooking now that both my mom and I are at university.
Honestly, this will be, forever, the last math course I ever take in my LIFE! I don't particularily enjoy it, because my teacher goes too fast and doesn't write out or explain all the steps. I'm hoping this is simply because we're doing a review (of all the algebra and calculus we've learned in the past 3 years in 4 classes) and that she won't be like that when we start the actual course, or I may have to drop it. Because I can't keep up at a fast pace,  my brain just doesn't work like that. I like taking math slow and at a pace where I understand all the steps, and I get faster with practice, but not as fast as some people. I still take my time with all the little steps because otherwise I will mess up and get confused.
Other than that, I really enjoy my Intro to Business 1 class, the teacher really gets us to voice our opinions and thoughts and talk about things not necessarily related to the class topic of the day. My History & Art teacher is great, although we haven't gone into our course yet, she did a sweet thing today by taking us through the UoW Library page and showing us all the different databases we can use and how and where to search for resources for our papers, such as journals, books, videos, peer-reviewed journals, etc. That's helpful because we can use it for all our research assignments and essays. I'm still anticipating the day she'll bring our student access cards for the Winnipeg Art Gallery!!! I'll go the very next day or that very day! I really, really, really want to see if their art supply store has A3 sized sketchbooks, or close to that size, because I really want one. :)

Anyways, I shall try keep you all posted of anything significant or otherwise that happens.

~Elizabeth

PS: realized my blood donation day is next monday...not yesterday's monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment