Saturday, September 10, 2011

VISA appointment via Toronto

First off, as Arnold Schwarzenegger said in Total Recall "TWOOO WEEEKS"!!!! Before I leave home D: I will miss my family SOOOOO much! We're pretty tight <3 I know I will bawl like crazy at the air port, at customs, and on the plane. But those feelings will be pushed aside for a while as I visit my cousin in Philly for 3 days before I leave New York to Paris.

Came back from Toronto late last night, landed just after 11 pm. We were supposed to arrive half an hour early but the plane that was taking us to Winnipeg was coming from Vancouver and had been delayed there (I assume the earthquake might have been a factor). I was exhausted to say the least, having been awake for nearly 24 hrs. Toronto was fun, didn't get to see the CN Tower (which means I will have to come back one day) but I spent time around the UoT area and China Town, and hung out with my friend Taris who I met 3 years ago in Quebec! :D Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera...
At the Consulate I didn't bring a photocopy of my passport, I honestly didn't know I had to bring one if I was going to give them my real one anyway...but thankfully I just had to go down to the lobby area and nearby in the same building (sort of underground) was a shoppers drugmart where I could do the photocopying. I was really surprised by the fact that the ONLY question they asked me was my purpose for going to France. I don't know how it is at other French Consulates, but I had to talk to the lady through an intercom, and my auditoiral skills are a little rusty, so with the intercom cutting out her voice constantly ( Her: Je prend*CRSH* photo *CRSH* toi. Me: ....whut?) made it almost impossible to understand her and she got frustrated enough with me and started speaking in English. Honestly, get a new intercom, that one is ancient and dieing.

It was a day of adventure, I wish I could have spent more time exploring Toronto, but now I got a good taste of the city. The buses, the subway (IT'S SO FAST! oh glorious subways). Torontoers shouldn't complain about their public transportation...honestly, live in Winnipeg for a while. See how you get around without a car.

K, I'm hungry and gonna go help with supper (I'M HAVIN' FISH TONIGHT!) *cough*


~ Cheers!

PS: The first thing I saw when I got off the bus at my destination was the ROM Museum and it looks SO FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Like a spaceship that crashed into an old historic building and was left there.

2 comments:

  1. elizabeth!! (my middle name btw!) thank u so much for your comment!! i just perused through both of your blogs and i am freaked out..YOU ARE SO SIMILAR TO ME!!! I LOVE JANE AUSTEN and other old time movies and books! I also believe Dogs are NOT just pets!!! I would love to keeo in touch better with you...do you have facebook?? If so do you mind if we message each other there? It's difficult to find good, genuine people and you seem to have a good heart as I do :) a+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow BOTH my blogs? haha the other one is quite old...but I keep it up for memory sake. SQUEE THAT'S SO COOL!!! I don't know too many people who love all those things, usually it's one or the other. I know what you mean, and I'm flattered by your compliment ^_^ not many people focus on the heart of a person, and you seem like a person with a great perspective and attitude towards life, and a strong spirit with a heart that smiles :)

    I sure do! I've just added you :D

    ReplyDelete