Friday, October 23, 2009

"You give and take away, but my heart will choose to say; Lord Blessed be Your name"


Two major events have taken place over the last 24 hours in my family. Firstly, my aunty Yolanda died from Pancreatic cancer. I only met her one time while I was in Peru two years ago, but I remember I sang for her and other members my favorite opera song at the time. I was very sad to hear she was dying, and my fear was where she would go after she left this world, but I have been reconfirmed knowing she's in heaven along with my Grandma.

Secondly, at 5 am this morning my cousin Christell gave birth to her first baby! A baby boy named Joseph (Joey). I think in the north american culture he would be considered my second cousin, but in spanish and russian cultures he is my nephew and I am his aunt :) One life gone, a new one born. I was a bit shocked when I started crying a bit in class when I got the email, I don't know if it was out of sadness or out of joy. Probably a mix of both.

I hope to see my nephew soon, although that would mean a trip down to Orlando :D We'll see....
~Elizabeth

PS: I greatly debated whether or not to put a picture of my cousin in labour....yeah, we'll wait for the new born pics instead ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment